Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Christmas Songs Book Tag



If you haven't already heard, Jana of That Artsy Reader Girl has created this super cute Christmas Songs Book Tag as part of her A Bookish Little Christmas blog series. It sounded so fun, so I definitely had to fill it out myself. For more details on the book tag or the blog event, be sure to check out Jana's blog!

1. "All I Want for Christmas Is You": Favorite bookish couple
Basically any couple in Sarah J. Maas's books. Lol! But there is a special place in my heart for Feyre and Rhysand from A Court of Mist and Fury.

2. "I'll Be Home for Christmas": Name a book where a character is away from home (school, vacation, etc.)
Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor. Lazlo travels from the home he's known his whole life to the legendary city of Weep. (Seriously, if you have read this book yet, get on that!)

3. "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas": Name your favorite "little" book (children's book, short story, novella)
I was trying to think back to Christmas books I loved as a little kid, and the first one that popped into my head was The Amazing Christmas Extravaganza. My mom used to read this picture book to me and my little sister before bed leading up to Christmas.

4. "Santa Claus Is Coming to Town": What books do you hope Santa brings you this year?
I don't normally ask my family for books for Christmas because I have zero self-control and usually end up buying the books I really want on my own. But this year, I've asked for the Nine Kingdoms series by Lynn Kurland. I fell in love with her medieval romance novels earlier this fall, and I'm really excited to check out her fantasy series.

5. "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer": Which book turned your nose red (made you cry)?
A Court of Wings and Ruin. I was a total mess for about the last 200 or so pages. Literally just nonstop tears streaming my down my face, and at a few points, ugly, heavy sobs (page 666, anyone? Such a fitting number considering that page was pure evil).

6. "The Most Wonderful Time of the Year": Your favorite book/kind of book to read during the holidays
Every year I try to find a fluffy Christmas romance or family drama to read, but so far I haven't had much luck finding any that I like. So when that fails, I like to turn to fantasy or books with magic—nothing too dark though!

7. "We Three Kings": Your favorite trilogy
Right now it's A Court of Thorns and Roses. The characters in these books have my heart in a vice grip!

8. "Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!": A character you would love to be snowed in with
Rhysand from the ACOTAR series. I mean, he is my fictional husband after all, and he does have that cabin in the mountains...

9. "Last Christmas": A book that seriously let you down
An Enchantment of Ravens. I hate that I feel this way because I really, truly was looking forward to it so much! It just didn't live up to my expectations. :(

10. "White Christmas": An upcoming release you're dreaming of
A Court of Frost and Starlight! OMG! More Feyre and Rhys? Yessss! But May is so. far. away! I need this book pronto. And just so it doesn't look I've only talked about Sarah J. Maas books in this post, I'll also add that I'm super excited for Ash Princess by Laura Sebastian and The Queen's Rising by Rebecca Ross!


2 comments:

  1. I love your answers! We're so similar. lol. I'm a major Feyre and Rhys fangirl, especially them in A Court of Mist and Fury. Rhys's cabin in the mountains sounds like the best place to be snowed in. Hehe. I just got Strange the Dreamer when it was an Audible daily deal, and I'm really excited to read it! And I've never met anyone else who loves Lynn Kurland!! I LOVE HER! I haven't tried her fantasy series yet, but I really want to. I also gravitate towards fantasy this time of year. All winter, really. I don't know why! It's just such a cozy genre. I've heard a LOT of people discuss the disappointment that is An Enchantment of Ravens. I'm so sad about that! I was really excited for it. AND YES TO ACOFAS! I cannot WAIT! Already pre-ordered. lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, so thrilled that you're a Feysand fangirl! Sarah J. Maas did SUCH a good job of developing their relationship in A Court of Mist and Fury, and I love them so much! Oh, I think you're going to love the Strange the Dreamer audiobook. I read some of it, but listened to the majority of the audiobook on my commute to work. Steve West does such an awesome job of narrating, and once you start, you honestly just want to listen to it all in one go. YAY! I've only read a few books in the de Piaget series, but I loved those, so I have a feeling her fantasy series will be just as good! Yeah, I'm still sad about AEOR; I really, really wanted to like it, but I just wanted so much more from it! The only reason I haven't pre-ordered ACOFAS yet is because I'm weird and like to go to the bookstore and pick out the "perfect" copy--one with no dents on the corners or spine, or rips on the dust jacket. LOL. I probably look like a mad woman rifling through all the copies they've got on the shelf to find the one in the best condition.

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read every single one and they brighten my day. While I may not be able to respond to all comments, I do make an effort to visit your blogs if you include a link! :)