Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Team Ravenclaw Welcome Post + My House Cup Reading Challenge TBR List


Hey Team Ravenclaw! Welcome to the House Cup Reading Challenge! As the Head Girl for Team Ravenclaw, I'm here to answer any questions you all might have about the challenge. I'll also be the one all you Ravenclaws report your final points to at the end of the challenge on November 12.

A Little Bit About Me ... 

I'm Alex: bookworm, fantasy fanatic, drinker of tea, and lover of all things cute. If this is your first time to my blog (which for a lot of you I imagine it is), welcome! I'm so happy you've decided to join me, Lauren, Erica, and Kelsey for the reading challenge! This all started out as a silly little idea I had back in September, and with the help of my co-hosts, it's morphed into a full-blown challenge! It's my first time hosting a reading challenge, and I'm thrilled to see how many of you have already signed up to join us!

If I Were a Hogwarts Student ...

Name: Alex
Hogwarts House: Ravenclaw
Wand Type: Beech wood and unicorn hair
Pet: An orange tabby cat named Marmalade
Favorite Subject: Charms
Favorite Professor: Professor Lupin

My TBR List

As the head of Team Ravenclaw, I won't actually be participating for points in the challenge, but I'm still planning to read at least seven books (though how many of those I'll get through remains to be seen). I'm trying to pick shorter books off my TBR (with some exceptions) in the hope that I'll actually be able to complete the challenge. I'm a notorious mood reader so I always get a little nervous about setting a hard-and-fast reading list. So for now, here's my tentative reading list with some alternative picks.

Shadowfell by Juliet Marrillier
Caraval by Stephanie Garber
The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black
Wicked Like a Wildfire by 
Daughter of the Burning City by Amanda Foody
Turtles All the Way Down by John Green
Tower of Dawn by Sarah J. Maas

The Queen and the Cure by Amy Harmon
Rhapsodic by Laura Thalassa
Heart of the Empire by Carrie Summers
A Million Junes by Emily Henry
Vengeance Born by Kylie Griffin

Need Recommendations?

Still not sure what you're going to read? Here's a list of some of my favorite books from the last few years:

A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas (A Court of Thorns and Roses #2)
Heir of Fire, Queen of Shadows, and Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas (Throne of Glass #3, 4, and 5)
Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor (Daughter of Smoke and Bone #1)
Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor (Strange the Dreamer #1)
Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge
Hunted by Meagan Spooner
The Bird and the Sword by Amy Harmon
Heart's Blood by Juliet Marillier

Bustle also has a great list of books all Ravenclaws should read.



Remember, sign-ups close Saturday night, so be sure to add your sign-up post the widget here if you want to participate and be eligible for the prizes! And be sure to join us Sunday night at 8:00 p.m. EST for the kick-off Twitter chat! We look forward to seeing you there! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read every single one and they brighten my day. While I may not be able to respond to all comments, I do make an effort to visit your blogs if you include a link! :)