Sunday, August 6, 2017

#TheReadingQuest Challenge

banner by CW of Read, Think, Ponder

Hey, all! So ... long time no blog! Life has been pretty busy the past six months, but I'm finally hopping back on board the blogging train, and lucky for me, it just happens to coincide with this super awesome reading challenge that I hope will inspire me to blog more (and get back on track toward my 2017 Goodreads goal). 

If you haven't heard, Aentee of Read at Midnight has created #TheReadingQuest, a video game-style reading challenge that runs between August 13 and September 10. I'm absolutely blown away by the creativity that went into making this challenge, and I'm so excited to participate! For more info on the challenge, check out Aentee's sign-up post.

You can choose from four character classes to start your quest, and given that I've been on a serious fantasy kick of late, I'm starting out as the Mage.



artwork by CW of Read, Think, Ponder



As a Mage, I'll be starting with the First Down quest path. In no particular order, here are the books I'll be reading for my main quest (I've included the format as well since point distribution varies depending on pages read versus minutes of listening).



Air Awakens by Elise Kova
Format: e-book

Not gonna lie––98 percent of the reason why I downloaded the "box set" of this series from Kindle is the gorgeous cover art. But the story sounds awesome too: magic and libraries––what more could you ask for?



The Waking Land by Callie Bates
Format: hardcover

How pretty is this cover? The Waking Land sounds like a fantasy with a more subdued plot, but magical nonetheless, so it'll serve as a nice break from all the angst, drama, and action of some of the other books in my TBR.



Rhapsodic by Laura Thalassa
Format: e-book/audio

I've seen a lot of people on Tumblr comparing Rhapsodic to A Court of Mist and Fury, so I'm looking forward to this one a lot! (I'm not totally sure that this fits into the mythology category, though. I think it might be based on the Hades/Persephone myth, but if you've read it, let me know if I'm wrong.)



Tower of Dawn by Sarah J. Maas
Format: hardcover

This'll be cutting it close to the end of the challenge since I'm not getting my copy of ToD until September 7 at the SJM tour event, but I just had to include it! 



Roar by Cora Carmack
Format: hardcover

Roar's summary is giving me some serious Throne of Glass/Aelin Galathynius vibes. Bring it on!


If any of you are doing the challenge as well, let me know which character class you've chosen and what you plan on reading!




2 comments:

  1. I chose the mage path as well, and came so close to choosing Air Awakens as my pick for the first in a series! I hope you enjoy it and all your other picks! Good luck with the readathon!

    Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Good luck to you too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read every single one and they brighten my day. While I may not be able to respond to all comments, I do make an effort to visit your blogs if you include a link! :)