Tuesday, September 16, 2014

#taggedtuesdays {1}: Chocolate Book Tag


Much as I love The Broke and Bookish's Top Ten Tuesday, some weeks I just can't come up with enough ideas to fill a top ten list. So for the weeks when I'm feeling uninspired, I've decided to start Tagged Tuesdays! On Tagged Tuesdays, I'll do a book tag/survey and tag other book bloggers to join in (but of course, anyone is welcome to participate!).

This week's tag is the Chocolate Book tag (thanks, Stephanie, for tagging me!).


Dark chocolate {a book that covers a dark topic}: My current read, The Vanishing Season, is about two friends who live in a town where girls are, well, vanishing (and there's also a ghostly narrator). I'd say that's pretty dark! But, it's beautifully written and the characters are so realistic. It's a captivating book!

White chocolate {your favorite light-hearted, humorous read}: Okay, I'm going a little old school here, but I choose The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot. You guys seriously need to read it if you haven't already, and especially if you're only familiar with the Disney movie version, which, while great in its own right, is nothing like the book. Mia is so dramatic and hilarious and relatable; she's one of my all-time favorite YA heroines. Just please, do me and yourself a favor and read it. I also highly recommend checking out the audiobook read by Anne Hathaway. It's fantastic.

Milk chocolate {a book that has a lot of hype that you're dying to read}: Winterspell by Claire Legrand. I feel like I've been waiting for this book my whole life. When I was a little girl, I loved The Nutcracker ballet. I grew up with the Macauly Culkin/NYC Ballet movie version and watched the heck outta that VHS. I would listen to the music even when it wasn't Christmastime and put on costumes and dance along to it. I wanted so badly to be Clara so I could wear pretty dresses and go to Land of Sweets and dance with the Nutcracker prince. So when I heard that Claire Legrand was writing a book based on The Nutcracker, I freaked. I am so, so excited for this one and even though it comes out in just a couple of weeks, the wait is killing me!

Chocolate with a caramel center {name a book that made you feel all gooey in the middle while reading}: Twilight. It makes me slightly crazy to think this book is nearly ten years old, because to me it still feels like just yesterday that I was reading it for the first time. Apart from Harry Potter, no book series has stuck with me the way Twilight has, and no other couple makes me swoon like Edward and Bella. The first book will always be my favorite, and every time I read it, I fall in love all over again. It's a crazy, ridiculous, obsessive love and I'll never get over it.

Wafer-free Kit Kat {name a book that surprised you}: We Were Liars by E. Lockhart. I was not expecting to love this book as much as I did (nor was I expecting it to give me SO. MANY. FEELS.), but OH MY GOSH! I was completely shocked by the ending.

Snickers {a book you're going nuts about}: Heir of Fire! I haven't even read Crown of Midnight yet, but I am so, so happy to finally have this one on my shelf! The cover is gorgeous and Celaena looks so badass! AHHH! I love it!

Hot Chocolate with cream and marshmallows {What book would you turn to for a comfort read?}: Either Twilight or one of the Harry Potter books (although probably not any of the last four...too many deaths=not exactly comforting).

Box of chocolates {What series have you read that you feel has a wide variety and a little something for everyone?}: I've gotta go with good old HP for this one because I feel like it definitely appeals to the widest audience. There's magic, good versus evil, romance, school drama, laugh-out-loud moments, break-down-sobbing moments, lovable characters...I could go on and on.

Now it's time to tag some people! Mara {Book Marauder}, Kim {The Nomadic Book Hoarder}, Rachel {Rachel Writes Things}, Sana {Artsy Musings of a Bibliophile}, and Brittany {Book Addict's Guide}, you're it! If anyone else wants to do the tag, feel free! Link up in the comments so I can see your posts! :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, this is such an adorable tag! I actually just heard of it now and I really like your Tagged Tuesdays feature! I love your Snickers answer- I'm so excited to read HOF. :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read every single one and they brighten my day. While I may not be able to respond to all comments, I do make an effort to visit your blogs if you include a link! :)