Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Really Want To Read But Don't Own Yet


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

 

This Week's Topic:

Books I Really Want to Read But Don't Own Yet




The Midnight Queen by Sylvia Isso Hunter - First of all, how gorgeous is that cover? It's enough to make me want to buy the book right now. Not to mention the story sounds awesome. Combine magic and romance and you've got me hooked!

Fairytales for Wilde Girls by Allyse Near - This one's been on my list ever since Brittany dicussed it in April. Sadly, U.S. bookstores don't seem to stock it and it's currently unavailable from The Book Depository.  :'(

The Jewel by Amy Ewing - I had a chance to read The Jewel thanks to the On the Same Page ARC tour, but since I left for DPI right after the book came in the mail I was never able to finish it. BUT, from what I was able to read I could tell it's going to be awesome.

Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard  - I just about died when EpicReads unwrapped this during their ARC Party last week. I need this book! Why is 2015 so far away?!

Winterspell by Claire Legrand - The Nutcracker fairy tale retold? YES PLEASE!



The Bone Clocks by David Mitchell - This was one of the books I drooled over at DPI. One of our lecturers brought a few ARCs with him and gave them out as prizes at the end of the week, but sadly I was not one of the lucky few to receive a copy.

Fearsome Dreamer by Laure Eve - This book has been on my radar for a while now and I keep waiting for Barnes and Noble to stock it but alas, no such luck.

The Book of Strange New Things by Michel Faber - I'm a sucker for books with gorgeous covers and this was another one that caught my eye.

The Girl With All the Gifts by M.R. Carey - Maggie Stiefvater gushed over this book recently and while it was already on my to-read list, Maggie's praise only further convinced me that I need to read it.

City of Halves by Lucy Inglis - Mysterious disappearances, hidden worlds, and mysterious creatures--what's not to love?

My selection is fairly full of unreleased books but I'm sure there are tons of backlist books I'm forgetting to mention. What are some books you want to read but don't own?

7 comments:

  1. You are the second person in a row to list MIDNIGHT QUEEN. Checking it out NOW. Ooh, I'm reading THE JEWEL next because I'm touring it on Friday! RED QUEEN and WINTERSPELL are definitely on my fall list! That version of THE BONE CLOCKS is probably my favorite cover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm expecting 'The Jewel' and 'The Red Queen' too, because they not just look amazing but sounds awesome too. Here's my top: http://readingadd.blogspot.ro/2014/08/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-books-crina.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to get my hands on a copy of Jewel and Red Queen. Both of these sound so amazing! I hope you'll enjoy all of the books from your list.
    Great list!
    Here's mine: http://reading-is-dreaming-with-open-eyes.blogspot.hu/2014/08/top-ten-books-i-really-want-to-read-but.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Red Queen has such a pretty cover. I promised myself I'll buy it as a paperback, but I've been hearing such good things about it, I might just end up buying it for my Kindle :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't even know all of these! I must add them because a whole bunch looks and sounds awesome!
    Thanks for sharing and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES to Red Queen, Winterspell, and City of Halves. So cannot wait to read them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read every single one and they brighten my day. While I may not be able to respond to all comments, I do make an effort to visit your blogs if you include a link! :)