Thursday, December 14, 2017

The Year of Conquering My TBR: Beat the Backlist Challenge 2018



Well, it's that time of year again. 2017 is coming to a close, and it's time to look back and reflect on all the awesome books I got to read ... and avoid staring at all the books on my shelves that I still haven't gotten around to reading.


In 2018, I'm endeavoring to do better! It's time to get serious about my ever-growing collection of books and make time to read some that I've been meaning to read for a long, long time. That's why I'm so excited to be participating in Novel Knight's Beat the Backlist challenge! The goal of the challenge is simple: clean out those backlist books from your TBR pile.

This challenge coincides perfectly with one of my own personal reading goals for 2018, which is to finish or catch up on several series that I've been the process of reading (or have been meaning to start) for years. Because of that, I'm setting a pretty lofty goal and challenging myself to read 45 backlist books in 2018. My total reading goal for the year is 75 books, so I think this will give me a good balance of new and older titles. 

I have to admit it's sort of terrifying to officially announce those goals, especially since the most books I ever read in one year since I started doing the Goodreads Reading Challenge was 63. But I've been so inspired over the last few weeks by seeing people announcing that they've hit their goals of 100, 150, 175, or even higher, that I really want to go for it next year. After all, I love books. I love reading. I just need to make it a priority again and make sure that I'm setting aside time to do it instead of whiling away the hours on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook feeds.

Now, on to my (potential) TBR list! (Who knows if I'll actually stick to this or not. I'm a total mood reader, and I have a ton of backlist books in my TBR pile!)

Series:

  • The Infernal Devices
    • Clockwork Angel
    • Clockwork Prince
    • Clockwork Princess
  • The Mortal Instruments
    • City of Fallen Angels
    • City of Lost Saints
    • City of Heavenly Fire
  • The Dark Artifices
    • Lady Midnight
    • Lord of Shadows
  • Throne of Glass
    • The Assassin's Blade
    • Tower of Dawn
  • Falling Kingdoms
    • Falling Kingdoms
    • Rebel Spring
    • Gathering Darkness
    • Frozen Tides
    • Crystal Storm
  • Air Awakens
    • Air Awakens
    • Fire Falling
    • Earth's End
    • Water's Wrath
    • Crystal Crowned
  • Six of Crows
  • The Kiss of Deception
  • Caraval
  • Red Queen
  • Nevernight
  • Red Rising
  • The Star-Touched Queen
  • The Falconer
  • This Savage Song
  • Scythe
  • An Ember in the Ashes
  • The Queen of the Tearling
  • The Great Hunt
  • The Winner's Curse
  • Legacy of Kings
  • The Diviners
  • Angelfall
  • The Crown's Game
  • The Imposter Queen
  • The Orphan Queen
  • The Girl at Midnight
  • The Jewel
  • Truthwitch
  • Three Dark Crowns

Standalones:

  • This Is Where the World Ends
  • The Darkest Part of the Forest

Are you participating in the challenge? What are your goals and what do you plan on reading? And let me know if we're on the same team (Book Bards)!


2 comments:

  1. I'm a #BookBard too! I want to read at least 50 books from my shelves, here's my goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/review/list/33114788-alexis-drake?shelf=beatthebacklist2018&utf8=%E2%9C%93

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back at'cha from the Book Bards!! We got this! 😄📚📚📚

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read every single one and they brighten my day. While I may not be able to respond to all comments, I do make an effort to visit your blogs if you include a link! :)