Saturday, January 28, 2017

The Lunar New Year Book Tag


I saw Alexa from Alexa Loves Books post this tag earlier today, and it looked like so much fun! I tag anyone who feels like participating! 


Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. Twilight was the first romance book that I fell totally head over heels in love with when I was a teenager. I've read it too many times to count!


Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas. Fae queens, magic-wielding assassin queens, witch queens––ALL THE QUEENS! (Not too mention the several extremely attractive princes!)


Heart's Blood by Juliet Marillier. So many of the books I read any more a part of a series, so it's kind of cool to find a standalone that I really love. Heart's Blood is a Beauty and the Beast retelling, and it was one of my favorite reads of 2016.


Zuzanna and Mik in the Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy by Laini Taylor. Not only do they provide much-needed comic relief, but they are just an adorable couple. The novella about them, Night of Cake and Puppets, is so sweet!


Chaol Westfall from the Throne of Glass series. Oh, Chaol, I have so many mixed feelings about you! He's so pig-headed about his ideas of what's right and wrong in Heir of Fire and Queen of Shadows, and for a while, I kind of hated him for how he was treating Celaena/Aelin and Dorian. He redeemed himself by the end of QoS though, and I'm interested to read SJM's novella about him when it comes out this summer.


I'm a teensy bit obsessed with the magnetic character bookmarks sold on Etsy. Nerdy Girl Designs and Happy Hello Art are my favorite shops; they both make such adorable bookmarks, and thanks to them, I've got quite the collection going. 


Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. Cath and Levi are too cute for words. I definitely need to reread this book again soon.


This is a tough one because so many of the books I read are the "big names" in YA. To be honest, I can't really think of any books I've read recently that haven't gotten some kind of recognition or don't already have a following. 


Oh, that's easy: A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas! I'm going to need to take May 2 off work just so I can stay home and read ACOWAR cover to cover. I haven't been this excited for a book release since Breaking Dawn!


The original US Harry Potter covers will forever be my favorites. One of my favorite parts of rereading the series is getting to see all the detail Mary GrandPré put into not just the cover art but the chapter heading art too.


Throne of Glass series: Arobynn Hamel. Oh man, did I hate this guy! Pretty much any time he appeared in Queen of Shadows, I had a strong urge to chuck the book at the wall.


The Female of the Species by Mindy McGinnis. It doesn't get much bolder than having a main character who goes after and kills men that sexually assault women. And I can't say that I felt sorry for any of her victims. It's an intense book.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read every single one and they brighten my day. While I may not be able to respond to all comments, I do make an effort to visit your blogs if you include a link! :)