Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Blog Event: Mental Health Awareness Month

MHAM

Hey all! Starting June 1, Leah at Uncorked Thoughts and Ula at Blog of Erised will be hosting Mental Health Awareness Month. By reading and discussing books centered on mental health, they hope to enlighten others and hopefully reduce the stigma attached to mental health issues. But for the event to be really successful, they need us, the book bloggers, to join in on the conversation. To sign up, all you need to do is go to this post

As someone who struggles daily with anxiety, mental health is an important topic to me and one that I feel needs to be discussed more frequently. For the moment, the main book I plan to feature in my MHAM discussions is Rainbow Rowell's Fangirl. Although it's all about the joys of being part of fandom culture, Fangirl also has some very poignant things to say about anxiety disorders. I'm so excited to be rereading it and discussing it with you all for MHAM!

Let me know in the comments if you'll be participating and what books you'll be reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read every single one and they brighten my day. While I may not be able to respond to all comments, I do make an effort to visit your blogs if you include a link! :)