Thursday, March 13, 2014

The Liebster Award

Earlier this week Stephanie from Her Reviews of Books, Movies, and Everything nominated me for the Liebster award (Thanks Stephanie)! From what I've gathered, the award is really just a way for bloggers to give recognition to blogs that they love, but that may have smaller followings than more well-known blogs. It's a great way to be introduced to new blogs you may not have heard of before and spread the book blogging love! :)

Once you're awarded, you're tasked to write eleven facts about yourself, answer the questions created by the blogger who nominated you, and then nominate eleven bloggers of your choice. To read my facts, answers, and to see who I nominated, follow the "read more" link! :)


The Rules
1. List 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer 11 questions chosen by the person who nominated you.
3. Ask 11 new questions to 11 new bloggers. They must have less than 200 Bloglovin followers. (You cannot renominate the blog that nominated you.)

11 Facts About Moi
1. My love of manga and anime lead me to study Japanese all through high school and part of college. (My favorite manga/anime of all time is Sailor Moon, in case you were wondering.)

2. My favorite bands are Paramore and Muse. I've seen each of them twice in concert (best concerts of my life).

3. I've been to nine midnight releases: for the Deathly Hallows book release, the last three Harry Potter movies, all the Twilight movies (except Twilight because I was in high school and it was on a school night), and The Hunger Games.

4. When I was little I was absolutely obsessed with books about volcanoes, earthquakes, and tornadoes. My favorite movie was the made-for-TV film, Night of the Twisters. My parents even taped it for me so I could watch it whenever I wanted! Despite the fact that all of these things absolutely terrified me and gave me nightmares, they still fascinated me and I wanted to learn all about them. I became so obsessed with learning about storms that a family member gave me a field guide to clouds. I would take it with me on car rides and try to figure out what kind of clouds were in the sky that day. Now that I think about it, it's kind of amazing I didn't grow up to be a meteorologist!

5. I got my driver's license when I was sixteen but didn't drive again until I was twenty-one. Driving is scary! Too many crazy people on the roads!

6. I own multiple copies of my favorite books because I have no self control.

7. My favorite TV series at the moment is Reign on The CW. I don't even care that it's totally inaccurate--it's so good! Last week's episode broke my heart.

8. My biggest dream is to work in publishing and/or write a book of my own someday.

9. The dorm I lived in in college looks very much like Hogwarts and holds "Hogwarts Week" every November, a whole week is dedicated to Harry Potter. They screen all the movies, have HP-related activities (like wand-making workshops, wizard dueling, and fanfiction readings), and end the week with a quidditch match. It was a truly awesome place to live for four years.

10. My favorite colors (in case you couldn't tell) are purple and pink.

11. I am currently obsessed with Ellie Goulding's music. Halcyon Days is probably the most listened to album on my iPod right now.

Questions from Stephanie
1. If you could bring only 1 physical book (no more) to a deserted island, which book would you choose?
Ah, I see what you did there! Limiting it to one physical book so I can't cheat and say I'd bring my Nook! ;) That makes this question significantly harder to answer. But...I think I'd have to go with one of the Harry Potter books. Either five, six, or seven since they're the meatiest and would still be interesting after rereading them multiple times.

2. If you could only eat 1 type of food for a week what would it be?
Pasta/noodles. :) I'd just go to Noodles and Company and try a new dish each day.

3. What is your all time favorite book? That book that you love more than anything and you have probably reread it more than once...
Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. I've read it at least ten times and still manage to swoon over Edward and Bella's romance every time.

4. Which author(s) are you flailing over the most right now?
Recently, it's been Rosamund Hodge and Stacey Jay. I absolutely loved their Beauty and the Beast retellings!

5. What book gave you your latest book hangover?
Of Beast and Beauty by Stacey Jay.

6. Which movie that is based off a book has been your favorite adaptation?
It's a tie between Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban and Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.

7. What is your favorite genre to read and why?
Paranormal Romance because it combines my love of love stories with my fascination with the supernatural. And having vampires or werewolves or fairies or demon hunters in your story automatically makes it more dangerous and interesting!

8. If you could meet any (1) author today and get them to sign your book, who would it be?
It's my dream to meet J.K. Rowling. I admire her so much.

9. Which social media is your favorite? Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram?
Tumblr! :P

10. Which "being" would you rather be? A mermaid, a witch/wizard, a fairy, werewolf, vampire, or something else?
A witch. I've wanted to be one since I nine years old reading my first Harry Potter book. Still waiting for my Hogwarts letter...

11. What do you enjoy doing when you aren't reading or blogging?
I love watching movies. It's the next best thing to reading a book.

Questions for My Nominees
1. What is the first book you remember reading on your own as a child?
2. What is your favorite bookish memory?
3. Physical books, e-readers, or both?
4. Which literary character do you most relate to?
5. If you could write, produce, and direct a mini series or film adaption of a book, what book would you choose and why? Who would you cast?
6. Name a film adaptation you would like to see redone.
7. You're planning a dinner party filled with your favorite authors. Who do you invite?
8. Who is your fictional crush?
9. One day you wake up to find yourself living in a fictional world. Is it supernatural, dystopian, a fantasy world, or something else?
10. In your chosen fictional world, you get to have one superpower/strength/skill. What is it? (Think Alice's clairvoyance in Twilight, Katniss's skill with a bow and arrow in The Hunger Games, Hermione's intelligence in Harry Potter, etc.)
11. What book are you most looking forward to reading in 2014?

I nominate:
Lucy of Paperbackd
Kim of The Nomadic Book Hoarder
Missie of A Flurry of Ponderings
Kelly of Pretty Little Reader
Katelyn at Kate's Tales of Books and Bands
Lauren of Northern Plunder/Books and Tea
Rebecca of The Booker
Stephanie and Jessica of These Paper Hearts
Mara of Book Marauder
Renuka of Eternal Books
Marisa of Books Beyond Measure


Thanks again, Stephanie, for nominating me! :D


4 comments:

  1. I love Ellie Goulding too! I have done this award before and it is a fun way to learn more about bloggers. Thanks for nominating me!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love her music so much! I really want to see her in concert someday.
      And you're so welcome! Can't wait to read your answers! :)

      Delete
  2. You're welcome!
    And I love Reign too! But unfortunately I missed episode 7. So I haven't seen anything past that point. (And it is killing me.) I am so excited it has been renewed for Season 2!
    It was nice getting to know you better. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, it just keeps getting better (and crazier)! Last week's episode was so weird but I loved it. I'm glad it got renewed, too!

      Aw, thanks! I read your Liebster facts and answers, so it was nice to learn a little more about you, too. :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read every single one and they brighten my day. While I may not be able to respond to all comments, I do make an effort to visit your blogs if you include a link! :)