Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten New-to-Me Authors I Read in 2013


Although I didn't read nearly as much as I had hoped to in 2013, I did discover some pretty great authors. Here are my favorite "new-to-me" authors of the year:








Author: Patrick Ness
Books I Read: Chaos Walking trilogy, More Than This
Why I Love His Writing: Patrick Ness's writing style is so unique, especially in Chaos Walking. I'd never read anything like it before.













Author: Markus Zusak
Book I Read: The Book Thief
Why I Love His Writing:  The Book Thief is truly one of the most beautifully written books I've ever read. 












Author: Rainbow Rowell
Books I Read: Fangirl, Eleanor & Park
Why I Love Her Writing: Her characters are so realistic and the stories she tells are so relatable.





Author: Gillian Flynn
Book I Read: Gone Girl
Why I Love Her Writing:  She keeps you guessing until the very end. Just when I would think I had the story all figured out, she throw in another twist that would totally shock me!









Author: Amy Plum
Book I Read: Until I Die
Why I Love Her Writing: Until I Die is the first YA paranormal romance in a long time that I've just absolutely adored. I loved the fluffy romance between Vincent and Kate.






Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly book meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

1 comment:

  1. I discovered Rainbow Rowell during 2013 as well, so she's a fairly "new" author to me, but I love her books. They are so cute and she's such a good author!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read every single one and they brighten my day. While I may not be able to respond to all comments, I do make an effort to visit your blogs if you include a link! :)